What The National Parks Can Teach Us About Racial Inequality
70 National Parks to Learn About Racial Inequality
Parks Documenting African American Heritage
- African American Civil War Memorial, Washington D.C.
- African Burial Ground National Monument, New York City, New York
- Birmingham Civil Rights National Monument, Alabama
- Booker T. Washington National Monument, Virginia
- Boston African American National Historic Site, Massachusetts
Parks Documenting Latino Heritage
Although much of this week’s attention has gathered around the Black community, we must move forward to do better for all communities of color. The 13 national parks below and the American Latino Heritage Fund work to tell the stories of Latino Americans and their fight for racial equity.